Tooth Wear (Cervical Lesions) Study
We are seeking volunteers for a study comparing two materials used to repair wear or cervical lesions, that may occur on your teeth over time. Both materials are approved by the FDA to be used to repair cervical lesions.
You may qualify to participate if you:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Have at least 2 teeth with cervical lesions in need of dental treatment
- Are willing and able to have dental x-rays or photographs taken of your teeth
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have a known allergy to numbing agents or tooth-colored filling materials
There are a total of 4 study visits over 18 months. Qualifying participants will receive the two fillings free of charge, and a total of $175 in Target gift cards if you complete all study visits. All study visits take place at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine.
If you think you may qualify, please contact Courtney Thurell at Courtney.Thurell@tufts.edu or 617-636-3865 for more information.