Here are 5 impressive benefits of mangoes that will make you want to run to the market and get some of this yellow, juicy gem:
- Mangoes support eye health: Mangoes contain lutein and zeaxanthin, two antioxidants that protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, slow the progression of cataracts and macular degeneration and can even increase your visual range.
- Mangoes improve your sugar regulation: Even though mangoes are sweet and yummy, their fiber, antioxidants and other active biocomponents help regulate your blood sugar levels.
- Mangoes improve skin and hair health: The nutrients in mangoes help with the maintainance of epithelial tissues, such as skin, nails and sebaceous glands. They also help with the production of collagen, that provides skin elasticity and helps prevent wrinkles and sagging.
- Mangoes boost your immune system: The combination of nutrients in this delicious fruit increase the production and activity of white blood cells, which make you less susceptible to infections.
- Mangoes may protect against cancer: They are chock-full of minerals, antioxidants and polyphenols, compounds that protect your DNA against damages that may lead to degenerative diseases such as diabetes and cancer.