5 proven facts of how meat and animal products are detrimental to your health:
1) Eating Meat Significantly Increases Your Risk of Developing Cancer: As we’ve stated before, meat is acid forming, and as you know, disease can only survive in an acid environment. Large studies have shown that people that follow a plant-based diet are about 40 percent less likely to develop cancer compared to meat-eaters, the most common forms being breast, prostate, and colon cancers.
2) Eating Meat Increases Your Risk of Heart Disease: Meat, dairy products, and eggs all contain cholesterol and saturated fat, which create mucus and cause heart disease. And don’t fool yourself! Saturated fat is present in all meat and fish, even chicken and turkey cooked without the skin.
3) Eating Meat Makes It Harder For You To Maintain a Healthy Body Weight: We are not going to tell you what is the healthy body weight for you, but you should know that meat eaters are up to 9 times more likely to be obese than people who follow a plant-based diet.
4) Meat Contributes to Erectile Disfunction in Men: Meat, eggs, and dairy products slow the flow of blood to all the body’s organs — and not just the heart! It’s been proven that eating animal products also contributes to impotence.
5) Eating Meat Increases Your Risk of Death: In large part because of all the health risks mentioned above, meat eaters just don’t live as long as people who follow plant-based diets. According to recent studies, people who follow plant-based diets live up to 10 years more than meat eaters